Friday, February 18, 2011

who am i?

i was watching an episode of Giuliana & Bill.

there was a scene where G went to see her therapist, Dorothy. they were taking about her second attempt at ivf. she was telling Dorothy that she doesn't want to go through it but she will.

Dorothy observed that G was putting up a brave front and was not addressing her real emotions. G agreed and stated that she is all about her work. she wonders out aloud, if she puts her work aside, who is she really? she couldn't answer.

Dorothy advised that she has to let Bill know how she feels. she doesn't have to be strong all the time.

to shorten the episode, G will consider and have a talk with Bill.


****************************************************************


that got me thinking & wondering ...

if i am not my parents' daughter
not my brothers' older sister
not my husband's wife
not my sis-inlaws sis-inlaw
not my family's relative
not my friends' friend

then ... who am i?



i wonder ....

am i defined by my worldly possessions? no, definitely not.

am i defined by who i am to the poeple above? maybe.

but how do i define myself? how do i see my self?

... (blank mind & blinking eyes) i don't know how to answer the last 2 questions.





do you know who you are?


.

4 comments:

  1. 'As much as a pen knows'

    Do you think that I know what I'm doing?
    That for one breath or half-breath I belong to myself?
    As much as a pen knows what it's writing,
    or the ball can guess where it's going next.
    ~Rumi

    ReplyDelete
  2. what i know for sure is what i don't know for sure :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if i'm not mistaken, you are syana haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KC, hahaha

    that much i know and yet that is only a nickname :o)

    ReplyDelete