Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pasartani & short ribs

Mama's not well. Since they got back from Haj, they haven't had a good rest yet. Mama is just starting to get her jetlag and coming down with fever & flu.

Sunday is marketing day. Since she's not well, I volunteered to go.

If you ever want the best beef cut, you have to be there early. As far back as I can remember, I always follow my mama to pasartani before 7am.

So this morning I was there at 6.45am and the beef stall was just about to set up hehehe

Fillet 2 batang, keting 2 biji. Then I ordered for myself some short ribs. I have never bought any before and I wanted to try and cook it. I had a craving for grilled BBQ short beef ribs ... yum....!

Bought everything else that was on the list and sent to my parents' home. Abah's car is not in the garage - he's out to golf. Jenguk mama jap, kesian demam. I let her sleep.

By 8.15am I was at home again. Hubby's still asleep.





I have this urge to eat bbq ribs but I have never made it before. I don't even have a working oven! Hmm ... macamana ek?

Browsed through some recipes on the web and peeked into my fridge to see what I have on hand.

I have black pepper sauce, BBQ sauce, bawang merah, garlic, chilli & tomato sauce, carrots, 1 med yellow-skinned onion, cilipadi, some frozen chicken stock, butterhead salad & 3-grain bread.

So what did I do? Washed the ribs; made a sauce mix of black pepper, bbq & tomato sauces (put half aside); diced the onions; blended some cilipadi, shallots & garlic; & karate-chopped some carrots - all went into a pot with some water, chicken stock & ribs. Taste the mixture first before putting in the ribs.

1.5-2 hours later, the meat was soft & tender.

Then I heated the griddle with some olive oil, dipped the ribs in the remaining sauce mixture and grilled them on the hot griddle - to caramalised the ribs & carrots.

When done, served on a plate with fresh butterhead salad leaves & 2 slices of 3-grain bread.




My Thoughts

It was heaven, if I may say so myself! The camera wasn't working and hubby didn't want to wait any longer - hence, no pictures huhuhu

I am so proud with myself. I now have a new recipe. I plan to make this for my parents soon :o)





Lagi sedap dari dibeli di restaurant hehehe

2 comments:

  1. I must be very out of touch with the kitchen. Keting? Griddle? Butterhead? Im sure it was sedap...if I may say so...:-P Hope Mama is better. Salams to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i said so :oP

    Mama K.sya is feeling better, alhamdulillah. thank you.

    ReplyDelete