Saturday, January 14, 2012

39 and counting ...

i have mixed feelings coming to this age ... 23 minutes to go before i turn 39. i feel like i am still 24.

yes, you read it right. i am 24 ;)

just kidding ... i am turning 39 at the stroke of midnight. can't do anything about that.

but what i am grateful for is that Allah has allowed me to live this long, alhamdulillah. i know i am still walking in the dark but i feel blessed that i am given another year (insyaAllah) to find my way to His Grace. i see signs and i will fight for a life of a good muslim, aminn.

i am thankful for a happy marriage. of course, we're like any other couples but what matters most is, at the end & beginning of the day, the last & first person i see is my husband by my side. i see, i touch and i love him.

as much as we have struggled, tried & failed again and again for a baby, i am blessed with babies -  my 3 adorable nephews. they are as close as to having my own. i feel so blessed!

i know. i know that i need to lose weight. no matter what, i am grateful for the body that i have. with it, i can take care of my husband, my family and his family; and friends & relatives.

i am happy that i can 'let go' of some things or issues in my life. what's the word ... mellowed down? it sure feels that way and it's a good feeling, nevertheless.

i am happy that i am able to take care of my parents, although they don't need much care yet. still strong and energetic.

the list can go on but as i end it here ... this very second ... i am a happy woman. alhamdulillah.

2 comments:

  1. wait till the big four zero comes....nothing beats the anxiety of realising that you're indeed no longer a 20's :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah ... even now the 20s feels so long long ago huhuhu

    ReplyDelete